Saturday, May 7, 2022

Glow in the Park

 On April 25, Lorne, Elaine and I went to see Glow in the Park at the Living Desert. The Living Desert is a "zoo" with desert animals and plants and they do a lot of research and conservation of such fauna and flora. This, like their Christmas holiday display is a fundraiser. This was much more elaborate than the holiday time display.


At 7:30 p.m., it was still light.
















Setting Sun







Lion has a cut straw-like texture


Kinetic butterflies on the butterfly tree











Bloom on a huge, gorgeous, orchid tree



Projected onto the sidewalk in various places















I apologize -- there are more photos, but I just ran out of steam. I downloaded them to my desktop and they have disappeared. It has been 100 F. today and while I haven't been outside since it was 87 degrees or so, I am beat.

There is also a large section of the park where I did not get any pictures -- the camera in my phone stopped working due to the heat. (It was a lot cooler that night, only in the 80s or so.) But you got the idea ...

Two luncheons this week saying goodbye and wishing friends happy birthday has kept us busy. We played Mexican Train Dominoes after yesterday's lunch. 

Birthday presents included a set of potholders for one friend and a summer tablecloth (with watermelon) for the other. I won't be here for their birthday parties.

The beginning of my trip back home will begin on Monday, May 9th. That's providing that my glasses are perfect. I will pick them up tomorrow at Costco. I have my fingers crossed that there are no glitches with the glasses. 

I hope you are all enjoying spring. Cheers!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.