Monday, March 19, 2018

Heckofa Monday

Yesterday I bought some great new outfits at Steinmart. It had been forever since I had been in a bricks and mortar store and it was a treat to get the right fit (as opposed to mail order where I have been settling for that baggy look).

I applied for a store credit card and ended up with $17 off! When she was partway through entering the information into the computer, I told the clerk that she should use my post office box. (The forwarding notice from the street to the PO Box has expired.)

The cashier said, "You'll have to call this number and tell them." I didn't do that because I figured that today I would go to their other store in Rancho Mirage and just pay off the bill. Presumably, the card would be flying around in the mail ensuring that I would get a late fee.

So today I pull out my Costco credit card which gives me money back at the end of the year according to the amount of purchases.

Cashier: You can't use a credit card. Only cash, check or debit card.
Me: I can't pay you with a credit card?
Cashier: No.

Remember, yesterday, they gave me credit approval, having looked up my credit rating.

Mom and I shopped and I got another blouse. Mom, not having a Steinmart credit card was going to use her Costco credit card.

Me: My mother is going to buy my blouse. Can she use the $20 coupon that I got for opening the charge yesterday?
Cashier (same one): Let me look you up. Give me your phone number. No, you're not in the system.
Me: Do you remember the bill for a Steinmart credit card that I paid by check a half hour ago?
Cashier: You're not in the system. That's not Steinmart. That's the credit card company.
Me: What was that -- a Visa?

Mom points to the picture on the counter and says, "It's a Mastercard." I look down and the picture of the MC credit card has Steinmart emblazed upon it.  Meanwhile, she's ringing Mom up and deducting the $20. That's all I wanted.

They wonder why old ladies get grouchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.