Friday, November 25, 2016

Where to Begin?

So, of course, I'll begin with now: 5 a.m. having just kissed Emily goodbye. She should be in Boston around 6 p.m. for her drive to Worcester. Deb is wonderful and is driving her to the airport.

Yesterday was a wonderful Thanksgiving for all of us. We went to 360 North and I had delicious prime rib. I'll be cooking a turkey tomorrow.
Deb and Paul

Emily and Tina

Elaine and Brian

The picture that I took of Mom and Clara came out so badly that if I published it, the two of them would argue to see who beat me. Deb did take some group pictures of all of us, so I have my fingers crossed that they are more acceptable. It's too bad that we forgot to re-take Mom and Clara because they both looked so good.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Deb and Paul did a 3 mile walk/run that benefited the Mizel Senior Center. After the walk, they got a medallion. Before the race, they got a shirt and the hat below. Paul wouldn't let Deb wear her medallion to Thanksgiving dinner. I don't think she wanted to wear the hat. It's a great hat -- it's fuzzy to the touch.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Oh yes, did you notice how short my hair is? Michael, the hairdresser, was accosted by a friend and his partner who insisted they had made an appointment. He agreed to squeeze the guy in, but my haircut was downhill all the way from there. It's lucky I don't have a crew cut.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


Yes, it really is nice being under the stars! We went to the pool yesterday after dinner. We left before it was this dark (the pic is from a couple of nights ago).
######################################################

Emily and I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at the Mary Pickford Theater. Here are some of the sights there (that's also where the balloon and fountain of a previous post are).

Holiday Lights

My Favorite Fountain; There's Another Spitting Lizard on the Right Facing This One

He's Happily Playing

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't believe I have been here for almost a week. I'm almost through with Led Astray by Kate Flora. It's another Joe Burgess mystery and I'm loving every minute of it. I left the other Crime Bake books home because they are too heavy to carry. Lo and behold, Deb brought Christmas presents and she gave me a Patricia Cornwell! (Chaos.) Woo hoo!

My second batch of blueberry muffins came out better -- using the right oven temp and fewer blueberries worked. I made some with fresh strawberries too. These are with low carbohydrate baking mix. The low carb bread that I had delivered here is not worth it. As Deb said about the taste, "Something's not right." Oh well, live and learn. 

I finally seem to be getting the knack of knitting on a "wire" needle. Everybody says, "What are you making?" I'm going to have to come up with a better answer than, "I'm practicing, trying to get better." But that's the truth. I figure if I can't do the basics (knit, purl), why try to go on? Nobody here seems to remember how to crochet so I'm going to have to try U Tube for lessons on that. I've already been told that I should have a pattern and it will tell me the size of the needle and what yarn, etc. I already feel like somebody on the bunny slope with the full ski/apres ski regalia since I bought 3 (count 'em) crochet hooks. (They were in a package that way and I liked the fact that the different sizes give me options.)

Well, it's 6 a.m. and time to go back to bed. Maybe I'll take a blueberry muffin with me ...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see that you are having such a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.