Sunday, November 6, 2016

Slow Sunday

I am moving slowly today because, gosh darn it, I'm tired. 

Last Thursday was the wake for my stepmother, Shirley Gebo DeFeo. Even though she was 87, it took us all by surprise. The funeral Mass, graveside prayers, and mercy meal were on Friday. I stayed in Methuen through Saturday afternoon.

Below is my father's headstone and Shirley will be added. 




After everything was over and Sherylann and I got to take our black jackets off, we had this picture taken. My sister is a hair dresser and she has a second job working for a beauty supply warehouse.


Later on, a neighbor took a picture of us while we were still dressed up. On the left is my brother, Stephen with his wife, Grace. In the center back is my niece, Kelsey, with her Mom (Sherylann) in front of her. Tom on the right of Kelsey is Kelsey's Dad and I'm on the far right ... it was a coincidence that both Sherylann and I wore purple. However, she is so absolutely nuts about the color purple, she probably wears it every. I know that she has at least 4 purple handbags. While I was puttering around in the kitchen, I noticed that her knives (in a block) are purple and she has at least one purple pot.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

After Sherylann had gone to work on Saturday and I was puttering around in the kitchen, I noticed that I had cut into Chloe's nap time. She fixed that! Chloe is a love of a rotti and if you are not patting her, she wants you to hold her paw.


I didn't get any pictures of Shadow, the cat, but he's a nice grey all over. He knows that my brother Steve doesn't like him. So when Steve came over for lunch on Saturday, Shadow made a nice nest in Steve's jacket and took a nap oblivious to Steve yelling at him to move. Ha!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ann and Phyllis came over for lunch today and we had a lovely pot roast and twice baked cauliflower.  I signed into FaceBook to show Ann some pictures only to discover that there is another Tina Swift and the twit has been posting her pictures to my timeline. I couldn't figure out how to delete them, but the first one is someone sighting a shotgun ... It said, "Do you want to block Tina?" Uh, no. 

######################################################
I love my new car! I got it inspected yesterday.


It's a 2014 Honda Accord hybrid. I'm still learning the buttons and gizmos. But I really like the heated seats!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know, I know, I said no more knitting. I think I'm kind of addicted -- particularly since other people are bringing in their leftover yarn! This piece is about 8 inches by 22 inches.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
This coming weekend is the CrimeBake. I can hardly wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.