Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sublime Saturday



We couldn't have asked for better weather! It was sunny and breezy and in the high 70's -- fabulous for going to the North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival in Orange, Massachusetts.

Ann and I were eager for our next "Ann and Tina Excellent Adventure" as I carefully put in the location on my GPS. I knew vaguely that we would be heading up Pelham Hill to Route 202 (near Route 2). So I was very surprised when the GPS lady said, "Turn left here" about a half mile before I was expecting it. I made one of those on two wheels lefts and Ann didn't wet her pants, but I think she came close.

We chugged merrily along for awhile and both of us had thought bubbles over our heads which read, "Is this really the right way?" I looked at the GPS and it said only 4 and a half miles to go.

I remarked, "I hope it's not 4 miles of bad road!" Blam! It became a dirt road. I kid you not. Ann says, "This reminds me of when you were in Vermont, on the hill, in the snow, sliding backwards because of your GPS. I hope you have a lot of gas!" 

At this point, I'm hearing my mother's voice in my head, saying, "I've got plenty of gas and I speak English."  Besides, I wasn't hearing any dueling banjos yet. 

At this point, the road a wide single lane. Two cars can pass each other, but it's a bit tight due to overgrowth on each side. There are no houses to be seen. We round a corner and there is a car stopped smack in the middle of the road. I couldn't go around on either side. So I use my light horn. You know, you flip your headlights on and off. That didn't work. (I don't think it has ever worked now that I think about it.) So I'm wondering if they have the same GPS as I do and they are just sitting there flummoxed, or are they dead?

Eventually, the car moved. And in another 4 miles we came out at the Garlic Festival! The parking attendants were a trip, but I'll just leave it with: the woman said, "Good going!" to me because I managed to turn the car around when I realized they were directing me to the wrong spot. Apparently, it's a great feat for her to turn her car around ...



Dancing Lasses













You got to vote where you wanted the community compost to become a garden.

Gorgeous soft scarves with shiny bits


Garlic

More garlic -- decorative










 Ann, deciding on a glass bauble.





Electric cars, including a Tesla

They were really interested in solar power





Munch, munch, munch




He tried to eat our purses.



In case you want to grow your own (mushrooms).

Baby bull

I apologize for the quality (or lack thereof) of the pictures -- I still can't get them out of the camera into Irfanview (which I use for editing such as color corrections and cropping). My friend, Al, sent me a link, but I have just been too busy to pursue it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I got back in time to gulp some pre-cooked chicken and then go to the Jones Library to hear the East Haddam Rep Company (from CT) do a radio play of Sherlock Holmes and the Speckled Band. It was great fun. Here they are:


Kandie Carle (on the right) is the founding genius of the troup. She also did "The Victorian Lady" and her other performance showed us Victorian clothing. She researches all of her performances.

*****************************************************

After that, it was off to the supermarket and to the ATM and finally home. Longmire and I have been having a good time, thanks to Netflix! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.