Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year's Day!

Cyndi, Emily and I had a fun and relaxing day. Two of our friends couldn't make it at the last minute, so we will have to do this again soon.

As we began our marathon watching of "Mozart in the Jungle" on Amazon Prime, we put out some hors d'ouevres.

That's 3 different cheeses with crackers on the left, Cape Cod potato chips to go with onion dip and the far right is lettuce leaves and crackers with salmon and cream cheese spread. (I mixed cooked salmon into cream cheese. The lettuce was for me so I didn't eat the crackers.) The top right is pea pods (raw) and to the left is broiled eggplant slices with a bit of sea salt. In the middle is Whole Foods' green olives with garlic and lemon.

Before Emily arrived, I gave Cyndi her happy new year gift. (O.k., it's true it wasn't done for Christmas.)



Cyndi really liked her new cow bag and I'm really proud of myself because I figured out how to put in a magnetic clasp.

After a couple of episodes, we got to work cooking. Cyndi and Emily (mostly Emily) made won tons with crab, bok choi, and carrots inside.

Emily grumbled about being a slave in Mama Tina's won ton sweat shop, but we all enjoyed the fruits of her labor. 

In the picture below, Cyndi seared the tofu for the stir fry on the left. This stir fry included red peppers, broccoli, water chestnuts, onions, green beans, bok choi, floor sweepings ... no, I'm kidding. 



And in the middle of the picture above, is the lo mein that I made using whole wheat noodles.

Cyndi brought a wonderful fruit mix of strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. The fruit was wonderful!

While it's true that I vacuumed and washed a fair amount of dishes, I haven't done anything else. It has been fun! Although I had planned to make low carb pumkin bread. But tomorrow is another day.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.