Saturday, December 26, 2015

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Breakfast was yummy with leftover ham from last night's incredibly yummy and tastefully decorated potluck at Therese's house.

You may notice the "banned" orange slices from the orange Phyllis gave me. That's how I heard it, but she was saying "band fruit" as in the fruit one buys to support the high school's band.  I am truly loving my Red Pony mug that Emily gave me. It makes me happy to think of the Longmire series and its author, Craig Johnson.

Right now I'm killing time until Phyllis gets here after her trip to the dump. (The new kids in Town call it the landfill.) We're going to Costco to buy BIG food!

It's a little chillier than yesterday -- 44 F.  Who would have thought it? Last year, we had snow up to our noses and now -- not one flake of snow and balmy temperatures. I am grateful.

I am also grateful that it is not 2006, because on this day that year was when I ended up in the hospital with ideopathic pancreatitis. Some memories are better left buried.  But it does remind me how my young daughters stepped up to the plate and came to my aid, visiting and dealing with doctors and paperwork.

More later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.