Sunday, October 26, 2014

Yummy Sunday

Yummy! I made home made applesauce!


Right out of the pot!

It was really easy and tasty -- I used some of the vanilla that Paul had given to me for Christmas!  I made it to go with a fresh pork roast and broccoli.  Phyllis brought leftovers from her Halloween party and Ann and Rod brought a beautiful green salad.  I'm single handedly re-instituting "big Sunday dinner."  

***************************************************
I did put an update on the previous post, but the yellow vine is bittersweet which is an invasive species that kills a lot of trees.

***************************************************

One of Phyllis' guests last night:
  1. Nigel Coxe was awarded the Bach Prize adjudicated by the eminent English pianist & Bach exponent Dame Myra Hess, while he was a student at the Royal Academy of Music in London. Believe it or not, I was too shy to introduce myself to him.
  2. But I did introduce myself to:  Amherst-based Art historian Gary Tartakov. He had brought yummy stuffed shells and his wife had the most gorgeous green and feathery mask and costume.
  3. My former boss, Bonnie, was there along with Therese Brady Donahue who owned and operated the Amherst Ballet for many years.  Currently, she does licensed productions at the Eric Carle Museum.
  4. There were many other local notables, people of accomplishments (mostly University of Mass. based).  All in all, it was an eclectic group.
  5. ********************************************************************
  6. My lawn mowing guy has just shown up.  Sheesh. I thought we were done with that.
  7. Time to write checks and do laundry. Ta ta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.