Monday, October 20, 2014

WARM October Weekend


It has been so incredibly warm that I am considering bringing my shorts out again.  Nope, no heat on yet!

I've got my new Keurig up and running.  Yay!  It even has a water filter and came with five "free" cups of coffee.  I am so happy! 



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am going to become a troglodyte.  I am tired of being held hostage to electronic gizmos.  Today I brought my car to have the transmission fluid drained and replaced. I happily sat back and opened the iPad that Sue H. had loaned me so I could get "The Hanging Judge" instantly from the Library.  The darn thing said it was only two per cent charged.  No dice.  I looked at my phone -- you guessed it: it needed charging.

I know if I look at my Kindle (with a Sara Paretsky mystery), THAT will need charging.  And when I use my GPS in the car, I have to charge that while I'm driving and plug my phone in when I know where I am (which is rare).

So I've got various things charging in the living room.  I was able to disconnect the battery charger because they are charged and ready for my camera ... but I'm going nuts because my lens cap has disappeared.  Phooey.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Today was going to be my day to take pictures of the gorgeous red and orange trees.  They were slower to turn color than the yellows.  Yup, it has been raining on and off all day and there was a huge downpour a half hour ago.  Soon there will be no leaves to admire.

*****************************************************
Having written the above on Saturday, I did nothing all day yesterday (Sunday).  That's not exactly true -- I did laundry and made my breakfasts for the week.

I have decided to use turkey sausage crumbles on the bottom of the egg thingies.  The Canadian bacon was a bit salty for me.  Anyway, I also decided to use muffin papers to see if I wouldn't have to scrub the egg off the ramekins.  It wasn't worth it because some slopped over onto the ramekin and I had to peel the paper off all of the eggs.  I did make another discovery, however.  I had a can of biscuits (grands) which turned out to be the perfect size and calorie content.


And it fits into the container below so I can bring it to work!


On Saturday night, Naomi came over and painted another piggy.  For some reason, I have named her Rosita (Little Rose).


You can see a bare window and curtain rods on the table because I have washed the lace valence and cotton curtains and I haven't checked to see if they are dry yet.  It's so easy to do them in the sink in the bathroom and then I just put them on a rack in the tub. I'm embarrassed to say how old they are, but I like them! (I also made the cafe curtains, not the valence.)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Yesterday, Emily said, "I really like my job!" and it occurred to me that I like my job too!  So today I'm waiting for my annual check up at the doc and then it's off to work.  What new challenges will there be?  

I'm really glad we don't play pranks like they do on Saving Grace because everyone's weakness is ribbed to the hilt.  One macho guy confessed his fear of small birds and they lured a zillion birds with seed to the outdoor courtyard that he can see from his desk. And they put a gaping mouth baby bird as a screen saver on his desk. He freaked.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Speaking of freaking out.  Around here, there are several places, some farms, with scary Halloween stuff.  On the farm, it's usually a hay ride with ghosts and goblins jumping out at you in the dark of night.  But  few years ago, inspired I think by the movies, the horrors were "people" with chain saws and knives and bloody limbs jumping out.  Ick, ick, ick.  I don't see the charm.

I guess I prefer the scary stuff that I know is not real.  Frankenstein, ghosts, witches ... that sort of thing.  Some mad man with a chain saw is too close to real for me.

It's beginning to feel like Halloween -- we had a small frost last night.  The temp went from high 60's to 30 ish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.