Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sleighbell Fair 11-23-13

The South Amherst Congregational Church had its Sleighbell Fair last Saturday and I got to be one of the bankers in the Craft Ladies' Room.  It was great fun.  Here's a sampling of the Fair.


These sea shell ornaments were unique!


 These are cake pops, frosted to look like trees.  The kids loved them. (Chocolate inside.)


 Silent auction


 We be jammin!


 Ho, ho, ho!


No, I didn't make the quilt.


 Believe it or not, the 'birds' sitting on the twig are pecans in the shell!



These metal containers looked great!



 T
 Yup, I bought some hot pepper relish.  Gotta remember to bring it for Thanksgiving.


 The kitchen, before the lunch craziness.  The open faced pork sandwich with gravy and homemade applesauce was to die for!



 Ya gotta love this sheep!  I do!



 Our church hand painted on ornaments.  Some people are so talented!



 Felted coasters on the leftl



 My favorite "dotty" glassware hand painted by Sue McCoy.


 These are Dammit Dolls and if you get frustrated, you smack them around.  One woman suggested putting pins in them, but I thought you'd have to use hat pins or you'd lose them.


 This was the entrance to the clothing room across the hall from where I was stationed.  The White Elephant Sale and Book Sales were upstairs.


 These cats are about 2.5 inches tall.  Ann made about 60 of these little tote bags with cats, rabbits, babies, turtles, etc.  Some had as many as 5 babies plus their own mini quilt in them.  She worked on them for months!


 A couple of Ann's potholders.



The baked goods sold out fast!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I'm with our local craft centre and have seen many, many crafts it still amazes me the things some people think up to make. Some very clever ideas too that some people have and it's a case of me saying .............."Now why didn't I think of that?" LOL

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.