Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pictures of Cats and Quilt

This is Lily, being mysterious.







This is Lily saying, "You talkin' to ME?"





And this is Jackson being good (and not jumping on Lily).  Lola is hiding.





So I decided to border a piece of fabric with silk.  The fabric is Asian, and I feel that it is a work of art in of itself.





The only problem with silk, as you may have noticed, is that it frays.  A lot.





Moving on, and constantly snipping the stray threads, here is the top that I will hand quilt.





And here it is a little closer.



So when people ask me how long a quilt takes ... let's put it this way, I only got in about 50 stitches while I was at the hospital.  And I have been a wimp about pulling it out here at Emily's.  Do I want black, white, or grey fur on it?  Anyway, the piecing of the top took about an hour.  Normally, I can sew about two feet per Law and Order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.