Monday, February 15, 2021

Happy Post Valentine's Day!

 


I always thought fruit was female, but ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A little palm tree primer for my friend, Naomi, and you. I was explaining that we had high winds and the bark that flies off the palm trees can be dangerous if you are hit with it. 

Needless to say, my shoe is for a size reference.




We continued talking about palm trees and I mentioned how I never knew that these picturesque palms that you see have had their beards trimmed off. And, as you know, these trees are wicked tall. Mom informed me that guys go up in a cherry picker and then they shimmy up to the top (I assume carrying wicked big clippers). She has read of guys falling out of the trees. 

So ... apparently, Downtown Palm Springs has decided for a neatly trimmed beard that people can barber from the ground.








This was the day last week when we had a lovely lunch at Las Cazuelas. While waiting for our socially distanced table on the patio, I took a few snaps of the interior.








There is another larger bar, inlaid with lovely tiles, around the corner from here but I was following the hostess and didn't stop to take pictures.


Nope, no food pictures -- I scarfed it up too quickly!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Weird fact of the day:

The pineapple plant is closely related to certain species of carnivorous plants, and actually has digestive enzymes in its flesh. Workers at pineapple canning factories lose their fingerprints because the juice literally eats them away.  (Ed. note: Pineapple is part of your meat tenderizer. )

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The next day, the wind increased at night. We had gusts of 50 to 60 mph. The whistling sounds were strange -- very high pitched -- and at times sounded more like a scream. I found it unsettling. Leeanne was not amused since the fruit trees were dropping numerous lemons and oranges onto her roof making thunderous thuds. Her outdoor clock blew off and shattered on the patio.

Here's what the pool looked like yesterday.


The winds are supposed to come back tonight. 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Did a little more.


I think I have enough fabric to do one more of the above. Not sure if I will.


Left over from the blue and yellow of last year. (It was in pieces.)

The next ones were on their way to becoming a star, but I goofed up so they may end up being potholders. I have 196 pre-cut squares. One hundred squares are whites with varying patterns; ninety-six are reds (light, medium, and dark patterns). I'm thinking of making an all red and white quilt. 

Don't ask. I thought it might be easier with pre-cuts because I'm not very good at cutting. It's not. But we shall see what we end up with. 


******************************************************************

We went to 5 and Under today. When I first heard of it, I thought it was a warm clothing store (forgetting where I was). Everything is $5 or less. Look at the neat laptop case I got! ($5)


In case you need one, 5 and Under has a heated eyelash curler. It looks like a miniature curling iron. Personally, I don't think that's a good idea. Then again, I don't think putting botox into your lips, making you look like a duck, is a good idea either. But plenty of people do it.

That's all I got. Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.