Sunday, June 7, 2020

Happy Sunday

It's a lovely Sunday morning with refreshingly cool temperatures -- it's just now 65 F. at almost 10 a.m. However, in the past week, it has bee n insufferably hot (sometimes 85 degrees with anywhere from 69% to 90% humidity). Needless to say, I was very uncomfortable with the heat.

Yesterday, Saturday, Emily came to visit and I knew I needed to fire up the mini split in the kitchen area. So I cleaned the filters and got it going. She and I happily discovered that Panda Garden in the center of Amherst delivers. So we sat munching Chinese food in the cool kitchen. Then Emily, God bless her! hauled out the old non-working portable air conditioner. I had already found out that it weighs 70 pounds, thereby explaining why I couldn't lift the blankety blank thing. "Better put a FREE sign on it," Emily remarked. As we pushed it to the curb, I noticed a cloud in the sky.

"You know what this means? It's going to rain on this thing." Meanwhile I'm remembering that it will cost $50 to get the trash company to pick it up.

After that, we cruised off to our local big box store and picked out a new a.c. As we were loading it on a hand truck, whoosh!! and we could hear a torrential downpour on the metal roof. It rained hard for at least 15 minutes, creating mini floods in the street. I was envisioning a water logged hunk of junk at the end of my driveway.

We got back to my house and rejoiced -- it was gone! Wahoo! Some home fix-it person had taken the defunct a.c. More kudos to Emily who masterfully set up the new one.


After we got the new a.c. set up, I mused that it would now be 50 degrees instead of the 80s. You guessed it: when I got up this morning, it was 57 F.
***********************U*****************************
I'm sorry to be posting so many pictures of food ... but today I have created a new taste sensation. It's a crustless ricotta spinach quiche.


The ricotta stays mushy, but that's o.k. It's wonderfully rich. Of course, I couldn't just put one thing into the oven so a 3 pack of chicken thighs became two with Creole seasoning and one baked with homemade marinara sauce. I won't have to turn the oven on when it gets hot again!

By the way, thank you, Carole, for my new rubberized hot pads! You may have forgotten that you gave them to me, but I LOVE them. I can get things out of the oven without getting burned!


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Garden update:

Front yard;


Chives in the way back of the raised beds:



The peonies are on the east side of the house.






 However, this peony is on the front of the house (south side).


All these photos makes me realized I have to put some fertilizer out. Time to go.

Cheerio! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.