Friday, January 3, 2020

January 3, 2020 Visit to PS Art Museum & More

Sights while waiting for my ride to the gym.


No, this is not a sculpture nor an alien being. It's a pile of clippings with a hunk of palm tree bark in the center left by our happy landscaping crew.





A little bit of color near Mom's house on a sunny day.




A neighbor's flowering bush.



Time for another lemon meringue pie!


****************************************************************************************


Visit to Palm Springs' Art Glass Corner

Glass Art by Lino Tagliapietra of Murano, Italy.





At first, I thought this was my favorite, but another is it.


Africa




Dinosaur



This is my favorite. See the detail below.



I was so blown away by its beauty that I didn't get the title!






Wall Piece





I was disappointed that Your Dog by Nara (Japanese sculptor) was not in evidence. He usually greeted you at the front entrance. I asked a docent where "my" dog was and he noticed I was distressed so he said, 'He's in the kennel.' The space is just open so I don't know why they moved him to storage.

The day after Christmas was a Thursday and the Villagefest was cancelled due to the heavy downpour of rain. The Museum is free during Villagefest (Thursdays, 4 to 8 p.m.). Consequently, the docent told me, they had 3,000 visitors to the Museum that night! I had thought nobody would be going out since road flooding is real during heavy rain.

Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.