Sunday, December 8, 2019

'Tis the Season!

On Thursday, we went to the Mizell Senior Center to create tutus. The other ladies have been making tutus for weeks using Molly's wonderful system. She had bundles of separate colors of tulle strips that we knotted around an elastic waistband secured on the back of a chair. We used two separate colors, but for the second one I made, I used three colors (using up leftovers from bundles.

The goal is to make 200 for the Red Carpet Road Race in January which is part of the Palm Springs Film Festival.


Tutu Ladies at Work




 Tutu

******************************************************************************************

Friday was the Christmas Tree Lighting in Palm Springs and it was Deb and Paul's last day here. We were really glad that they could be here. We had lots of fun with them and they managed to work part time online (they were done by 2 p.m. California time).


We got there early for the hot chocolate and cookies!



It was sprinkling rain which made it a bit chilly.


New stars this year; the street light stands have shooting stars with tails. See the kinetic sculpture pouring water? We were sitting around the pool at the left that the water pours into through a trough.

Our celebrity Santa's Assistant this year is Mary Hart. She is a very gracious lady who insisted she take a picture with Mom. Mary had stepped undercover to avoid some of the rain. It was a fine mist that wreaks havoc on hairdos (and makes me look like a poodle).





And then Santa arrived.


He did a fine job of lighting the tree.



The next day, Saturday, we went to Whole Foods to get almond flour and, later, to see the reprise of The Magic Flute from the Metropolitan Opera at the local cinema. I loved it because it was performed in English and the singer who played Papageno was very funny. This was the second time of seeing The Magic Flute for me but I was still awed by the magnificent costumes. 

As we left the opera, Mary Hart was getting her star on the Walk of Stars in Palm Springs. That was at 3:00 p.m. and, unfortunately, it was raining. (It never rains in the desert, right?)

When we got home, Mom and I had a few lively games of Mexican Train Dominoes. As Mom gets better, I am considering changing the rules in mid-stream -- which is what she accuses me of constantly!

We did not go to the new star ceremony, but we did make sure we were set for the 6:00 p.m. Parade of Lights on TV -- with Mary Hart as Grand Marshal!


Since the rainy weather calls for a cup of tea, I made (keto) peanut butter cookies to go with.

Today, Sunday, is a lazy day. So far I have made keto bread rolls and keto blueberry muffins. (When I say keto, I mean very low carbohydrate.)  I am considering going to the gym. Actually, I should do that because I want to taste a muffin. To be sure that they are good, you know ...

Life is good! Have a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great post!!! Love the tutus!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a Mermaid Goddess of Love Tutu!!!!♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
      Love Palm Springs! Love your Mother Miss Goddess#2 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

      Delete

Once approved, your comment will appear.