Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Galley Tour and the Drive Home

After a long day on the water -- glass bottom boat adventure -- we decided to treat ourselves to dessert at dinner.


Above is the sugar free dessert that I had. It was the only sugar free dessert on the menu besides the brie and other cheese plate.



Mom said the tiramisu was good.


At night, they had Movies Under the Stars up on the top deck. The first night was great and they even bring you a red plaid blanket while you lounge on chaise lounges. Waiters came around offering you pizza slices. But the second night in port, the temperature dropped and the wind came up. I needed two blankets! I took a picture of the pool because there were white caps due to the wind! I don't know if you can see them or not. Some young people came to use the hot tub -- the girls had bikinis. I was shivering on their behalf when they got out of the hot tub.


The next day there was a cooking demo with the head chef and head maitre d. The demo was nothing much -- pasta and a caesar salad. The galley tour was really short, but they had put fruit carvings on display so I snapped them for you to see.








This man is working with bread. All of the bread is baked on board ship.











Cakes stacked, waiting to be frosted.




The chocolate in the lucite case was labeled "For demonstration only." I have no idea what the thing in the foreground is, but it looks like a meringue.


"Wine in Jail"  I'm pretty sure this is cooking wine because there wasn't enough of it to be served.


At the end of the tour. They were selling $16 bottles of EVOO. The normal price is $25 in the US, they said.

After 2 days at sea, 2 days in Cabo, and 2 days at sea to get to the dock, it was time to drive home. Since it was Sunday, the traffic was fairly light.





















The pass with the windmills means that Palm Springs is very close.









We ended up at the Manhattan of the Desert Deli because there was no food at the house. And I knew my deconstructed reuben would be good enough for lunch and dinner. Mom's corned beef sandwich is on the right.

I hope you had as much fun looking at these pictures as I had taking them. Cheers!

1 comment:

Once approved, your comment will appear.