Wednesday, January 24, 2018

No Plans Day

Me:  What's your plan for today?
Mom: Nothing.
Me: Want to go to a movie?
Mom: No! I want one day where I don't have to do anything!

I was definitely in for a no-plans day!

I began sewing my brains out and I don't know what Mom was doing but she was busy at her own thing. I think the sewing frenzy was prompted by the email I got from JoAnn's Fabrics. Now, one of those emails to me is like a Siren's call ... I cannot enter that store because ... Hi, my name is Tina and I'm a Fabricholic. It has been two years since I have bought any quilting fabric.

I thought, "It can't hurt to read the email. I haven't even seen any fabric stores around here." The Title/headline blared "70% off all regular priced items except fabric and notions!"

What exactly does that leave? It's a fabric store!! I remembered they sell chocolate buttons for making candy -- why that's in a fabric store, I cannot fathom. Oh, and they have "seasonal decorations" that you either put together or buy pre-made.

As all of this was swirling around in my head, it brought up the Monty Python Cheese Shop routine. (I say, do you have any cheese? Of course we do, it's a cheese shop!) 

*****************************************************
Mom and I decided to go for Chinese food. To be honest, I didn't want to make lunch. The food was delicious and I got to meet the restaurant owner. When I told him I was from Massachusetts, he said, "They have snow up to here!" and he indicated nose height. (He wasn't very tall, but I'm sure there is not that much snow there.) Anyway, people here treat me like someone lucky to have escaped. I'm beginning to feel guilty because we all know it's not really that bad -- especially when I'm in sunny Palm Springs!

After lunch, Mom indulged me in taking pictures of the mountains. I really wanted to get a shot of San Gorgonio with the snow on top, but I couldn't do it. We even went up to the PS Tram and I still couldn't see it.  Much of the snow has already melted, but it's still visible.

Here are the pictures from the Tram trip. No, I didn't go on the Tram. In fact, Mom waited in the car because she has been there many times and it was chilly (68 degrees or so).

 Palm Springs Windmills on the Right


 

Parking lot at top 


 


 


 Tram beginning its ascent

Tram further away



Wash behind Tram (from near parking lot)





Going Down the Mountain

Here's Looking at Palm Springs





The preceding pictures were taken as we hurtled down the mountain. At one point Mom remarked, "Gee, I'm in second gear ..." and we were still going really fast. It was pretty exciting.


As you can see, I'm still obsessed with textures. 

I have just discovered that the pictures I took of Johnson Falls with the ram's sculpture have disappeared. Did I only think I took pictures??

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Tina. That fabric shop sounds like our Spotlight stores that sell everything except the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.