Tuesday, September 19, 2017

No Sweetness and Light from Me Today

It's Day Two of excruciating pain. Sunday doesn't count because it was only annoying then. Today, it was a toss up as to whether I could get out of bed -- which was imperative in order to make it to the bathroom. I'm still trying to figure out how to shower ...

Yes, it's the old sacroiliac problem (left hip). No, I didn't "do" anything to it. The only thing I can figure out is that emptying the water from the dehumidifier tipped the scales into the Land o' Pain. I take 800 mg of ibuprofen at a whack and it seems to take more than an hour to kick in, taking the edge off pain.

I hate to be a whiner, but this pain makes me realize how easy it would be to become a junkie -- you will do almost anything to get rid of this pain. The first time I experienced this level of pain was having pancreatitis. At that time, I realized that there is some pain greater than labor pains.

Anyway, I happened to have a routine doctor's appointment scheduled today and I'm just waiting for that. Hopefully, she will give me some oxy. I don't like taking it, but I can barely function now. In fact, I'm going to have to ask someone to take my laundry out of the dryer. I don't want to be at the bottom of the cellar stairs and not be able to climb them.

The only good news of this mini odyssey is that yesterday I was able to drag myself into work. The auditors showed up at 9:30 a.m. right on schedule. I left before they were done, but I got a message that they do not have to return. That means the information I gave them was complete. I'm hoping to repeat last year's audit outcome: they could not find anything to report (in other words, no errors).

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



I couldn't resist -- I had to put some good vibes in. I am still re-living the wonderful time I had in France with Mom. What a great trip! 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Another Sweet Memory

As I was putting ringlets of my hair into the trash on Sunday, a memory washed over me. On a summer's afternoon I was in the backyard cutting Debbie's hair and the light brown ringlets fell onto the grass. We decided to leave them there so the birds could use them in their nests. 

Yes, I did cut my own hair. It's pretty hard to mess up curly hair and I only wanted 'a little off the top.' 

It's time to wash up for my appointment. Ciao!








1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Hope the doctor helps. You are like me it seems at taking Selfies LOL I'm all fingers and thumbs and never look lovely like other people do when they take photos of themselves LOL. Chicago looks interesting and liked the paintings etc, sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.