Thursday, March 2, 2017

Blustery Thursday


I counted at least 20 snowflakes before they melted on my windshield. It's really blustery -- messing up my carefully coiffed wet hair.  Yup, I'm actually at work early after the gym. A woman said to me, "You always feel better when it's done." (We had been remarking on how long a minute on a treadmill is as opposed to real life.) She must have seen the look on my face because she added, "Because you accomplished something so you feel better than everyone else for the rest of the day."
Now, that's a nice sentiment and I'm sure it cheers her. I don't want to quibble, but I'll tell ya, if I had had sex -- I would have skipped the gym in a minute.  Just sayin'.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Another gym story: I was in the shower hearing a conversation and one woman was saying that she really didn't care for philosophy as a subject, but she went to this lecture anyway ... at that point, I was able to leave the shower to go to a changing room and I see the two women. They were standing there buck naked having a philosophical conversation. They had mostly strategically placed towels, but I was amazed. Of course, they are the older women with the killer bodies. I wonder if I'll ever be comfortable enough to do that. No, probably not.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Geez, spoil sports ...
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts shop that authorities say was attempting to skirt the state’s new recreational marijuana law by charging an entry fee and giving patrons “free” marijuana samples was shut down Wednesday.
Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno’s administration issued a cease and desist order to Mary Jane Makes Your Heart Sing.
As police officers hand-delivered the order, an audible groan could be heard from a crowd of some 50 people lined up outside the nondescript strip mall storefront Wednesday waiting to gain entry, the Springfield Republican reported.
The newspaper reports the crowd quickly dispersed and no criminal charges were filed against the store operators.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Left to right: Sharon, Tina, Lisa, Roxanne. This is me holding my no carbohydrate birthday cake, aka yellow tulips. What a joy to have such caring co-workers! (Yes, I'm now 67 years old; no, I don't color my hair.) 

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if my last message got through or not but I take my hat off to you for sticking with the gym work outs but I agree with the sex thing LOL. Great to see you still have your own hair colour must be in the genes lol.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.