Sunday, January 8, 2017

Zip, Zing, Zong!



I hadn't even remembered this. I went to a modern quilt group -- a year, two years ago?? -- and they had us do this exercise. We were supposed to design a quilt and see if anyone else could guess the theme. This was my Starry Night. I have no idea what the dog is doing there so don't ask.

Admittedly, I was just looking for some color. So while it was a pretty, sunny, ten degree day today, most everything is covered in snow. We didn't get a lot, but it's very white and bright.

Today I finally pinned my "Palm Springs Night" fabric landscape to foam core. I used dressmaker's pins and, boy, the tips of my fingers got painful! I finally figured out that the Roku remote was just the right size for pushing the pins in! Then it was off to Michael's looking for a frame. I was in the throes of deciding on a color and Ann says, "Look, there's an $11 frame right there!" Well, ya, but it looked like $11. I spent a bucketful more but I think (I hope) I'm going to be really happy with it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am feeling very proud of myself because I have finished about 19 letters of acceptance and rejection for the Burnett Gallery Committee. I just have to print them out tomorrow and someone else from the committee will mail them. I say "about" 19 because I had to change the letter when there were two exhibitors on one month. So it was a lot of adding the artist, address, contact person, phone number and email. And a couple of times I goofed (hard to believe, isn't it?) and had to re-do the letter. Thank goodness I proofread!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I don't know how much longer I can be this organized. I joined Planet Fitness ($10/month) which is right around the corner from me. I go before work. Now, before you applaud, know that I have only done this for one week. And if tomorrow morning is like now, it will be 6 degrees F. and dark.

Anyway, this means, I have to have a modular lunch ready that I can grab and put in a thermo bag with blue ice. I don't use the refrigerator at work because I used to be the only one cleaning it and I don't want to do that any more. I do clean the microwave because I use that. (It is ready: I made mushroom quiche for snacks and roast chicken with cauliflower mash and/or roast radishes.) And I have to have my work clothes packed along with shower stuff. And my gym clothes are ready in the bathroom. 

So I was packing my carry on bag: work pants, sweater/blouse, panties, bra, cosmetic case, shampoo,soap and washcloth baggie, towel.The brush and hair gel were already on the top side pockets with flip flops on the outside. (Notice that what's on top is what's used first.) As I was about to bring the bag to the kitchen, it dawned on me -- there were no SOCKS!! I need SOCKS! I found them (oddly enough in the sock drawer) and put them near the shoe bag. I hate winter. Boots, shoes, heavy coats, gloves ... both of my coats have hoods so the hell with a hat. Phew.

I remembered to put the trash and recycling out tonight. It would not have been a pretty sight tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. I'm thinking of loading up a bullet proof coffee tonight so I just push the button on my Keurig tomorrow. I can't go to the gym on an empty stomach but when I make breakfast, I get discombobulated and forget my coffee on the counter.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

For my own mental health, I do not spend a lot of time in reality. I watch fiction on TV and I read fiction. I try very hard to ignore politics because I don't enjoy a helpless feeling.

But today, I was having what I thought was a civilized discussion saying, "I was brought up to believe that we are a melting pot and nobody is better than anybody else and we should get along." And my companion said something to the effect that this country is embroiled in identity politics and it 'is mainly the fault of the Democrats.'

I found that to be a very hurtful statement. But I didn't say anything. What's the point? Obviously that person believes that. I don't. Oh well.

Hey! I hope you all have a great week! Let's keep counting our blessings: warm houses, enough to eat, good friends (that would be you). I'll keep praying for your good health if you pray for mine. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.