Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Long Presidents' Day Weekend

Saturday night, Phyllis and I ventured out to the Springfield Elks' Club -- in sub zero weather. We didn't care because the car heater works great! We had a fabulous dinner buffet and then a comedy club with Jess as the MC. The proceeds benefited the Springfield Veterans Center. 

She was very funny, giving us a lot of laughs some of which were from a lesbian's perspective. One of my favorite parts of her remarks was how she is nervous because she has a new car. Her new car has heated seats and she's of the age where the "cough pee" is a real thing, "What," she thought, "if I cough pee and it hits the heated seat. Will it electrocute me?" So now if she has to cough, she pulls over.

There were two other comedians, who were also very funny. One who is from Maine said she lives in NYC and has had to get used to the environment. One subway ride was very scarring for her because a guy went up to her and said, "BIG FEET." He proceeded to chatter BIG FEET at her so much that she is now really conscious of her feet! She was very funny. The other one didn't impress me as much because her whole patter was about being from an Irish family and how they drink so much.  

Here is one of the clever table decorations (it was a table for 8):



As you may know, this is a beta which is also known as a Siamese fighting fish. One guy at the table thought it was fun to hold up a mirror to watch the fish get mad and attack the mirror. I think the fish must have had a sore nose from hitting the bowl. I was going to report him for fish abuse, but he stopped.

At the end of the show, they told us that someone at every table had something taped to the bottom of their chair -- it was fish food. That person got to take the fish home. I sure hope everyone stuck their fish in their jacket because otherwise they would have had a fishcicle by the time they got to their (cold) car.

More later but I have to go to work now. It was a fun-filled weekend!

Oh wait, do you like my new hair cut?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice trime. And yes I like your hair do.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.