Sunday, November 15, 2015

Saturday and Sunday 11-14 and 11-15-15


On Saturday at Noon I got to person a table (which you cannot see here) and sell Jones Library items. The only things that sold were the "Sammy bags" for $5 each. I sold one, count 'em, one. In two hours. So I packed it in. Roxanne had sold 5 in the morning, but I guess traffic had slowed considerably by the time I got there. 

Afterward, I zoomed to West Springfield and bought a couple of pair of slacks that I can wear to work. Then it was back home to meet Nancy at the movies.

We saw Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks. It is a great movie! I was amazed at how much I remembered about the U2 incident with Gary Powers.  But there was a lot of that I did not know. Also, they showed the Berlin Wall being built. I remember being horrified and wondered how they could do such a thing almost overnight.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So it's Sunday and after going to the Verizon store in Hadley, I stopped at Whole Foods.  I made shrimp scampi with winter squash.



Yes, it was as good as it looks. In fact, it's almost supper time. Hmmm...
                                       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last Friday I had the most wonderful surprise. The Shawl Ministry at my church had delivered a prayer shawl for me!It is purple and soft and warm and I love it! 

The prayer that comes with it ends: "May the one who receives this shawl be cradled in hope, kept in joy, graced with peace, and wrapped in love. Blessed be!"

                                          &&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I would tell you more about my Verizon journey, but it makes me too mad. I have a new phone coming in the mail. The network guys want me to put in 3 more calls and "tag" them for their engineers even though a network guy heard the problem. The engineers won't examine my network hookup unless they get 4 tagged calls.

I'm gonna go make a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.