Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Coming Home!

Emily, bless her, decided to drive the whole way yesterday. I had heard about taking the Lewes Ferry from Lewes, Delaware to Cape May, New Jersey.  We were told that we did not make it in time and would have to wait one and a half hours, but apparently, two people did not show up.  We were the second to last on the boat!


Here's the ferry building. We were first car in slot number 10.



Leaving


Underway



Yes, it was windy, but it was wonderful and a contrast to the 89 F. on land


Other ferry coming back

 I convinced Emily to drive along the shore at Cape May. It is decidedly not tacky compared to some shores I've seen. There were lots of people enjoying the ocean.





The water is on the right in these pictures. I wonder what the vacation rental is?



Neat parking meters



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Oops! I almost forgot.  I love big bridges and we crossed the Tappan Zee Bridge (New York) last night.  Yeah, it's mostly an art photo ...











1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time even if it was hot. I lover those three and two story houses. The ferry ride would have been great. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.