Sunday, January 11, 2015

Simply Sunday

What a great day! Phyllis, Ann, and I decided to go on an excellent adventure.  While Phyllis and I were waiting for Ann, we set my clock in the car.  Now that it's not an hour ahead, I hope I don't freak out at the real time!

We went to Costco.  I went to buy big food -- mainly the boneless skinless chicken breasts that come two to a package and pop right into the freezer.  But I also wanted to get multiple cans of something for the Amherst Survival Center.  The Library is doing Food for Fines and if you bring in canned food for the Survival Center, your current fines will be forgiven.  No, I don't have fines, but I would like to contribute.  I finally settled on chicken noodle soup and  cans of tuna fish.  They both were 12 to a package so maybe more than one family will get to use them.  I considered Spam (it said 25% less sodium), but it still had 900 grams of sodium!!  So, no Spam.

We had LOTS of taste tests at Costco, which is really fun.  I felt very virtuous in refusing some, such as the Greek yogurt with honey on top.  Then I remembered that I don't like either. Oh well.  I could not refuse the freshly baked multigrain bread.  I noticed that the woman had slathered the pieces with melted butter.  Yum.  I didn't buy it because I would eat the whole loaf at once!

I did buy pizzelles to go with tea at my first book club meeting.  (Wednesday, 3 p.m. at the Jones Library.)

Then it was on to the Olive Garden.  That was the main goal.  Ann and I laughed about the last time we had gone and I couldn't figure out where to park.  This particular complex is a maze of little driveways and MANY restaurants.  That time, we ended up parking at Kentucky Fried Chicken.  This time we found the right entrance and were able to park near the door.

The place was jumping! It was quite noisy but we didn't let that phase us.  The food and conversation were good and we all had a great time.  Ann Showed us her prototype fleece hats that she had made.  They look great! The decorative flower really makes them special.

When we came out of the restaurant, we noticed that the weather is glowering.  It really feels like snow.  So far there isn't any snow.  I really hope it doesn't snow ...

Still reading my books.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.