Thursday, June 26, 2014

One Minute

This is one minute before I ate the tomatoes!



There are four or five green ones below the ripe two.

So, o.k., I know I'm not the greatest farmer in the world, but it sure is fun to eat tomatoes that you grew!  Mom told me to get them before the birds and I did!  I figure the birds have plenty to eat this time of year.  I just wish I had more bats -- the mosquitoes go nuts eating me every time I go out to the garden.  The darn things think it's a jungle and I don't know why.  After all, the humidity was only 84% today.  Of course the thunderstorm and down pour last night added to the steamy conditions.


See the solar globe at the top right? When I bought it last year, I didn't realize that it changes color.  When it hits green, it's lightning bug green.  Last night, there were a zillion fireflies in the back yard.  Of course, you know, when they blink -- they are looking for love.  So I could see a zillion little thought bubbles over them when the globe went green:  whoooah!  Baby's got game!

*****************************************************
I got a check in the mail for a small portion of the dissertation work that I and others did.  I'm just glad to be done with it.  I learned my lesson: get half upfront.  I think he responded because I sent him a second bill with more hours on it -- and still not the full amount of time we had put into it.  Oh, well.  It's his karma, not mine.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I was disappointed when I went to pick up my new glasses -- the reading glass part was in the wrong spot.  One woman said, 'That doesn't look too bad.'  

'Yeah, but I can't read,' I interjected, 'That's the whole point.'  Sigh.  The former person who had marked them, had marked them incorrectly.  While I was there I ordered some sunglasses (with bling, of course).  They were only $30 because now they make them with over the counter (non prescription) reading glasses.  Yay!!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

So  my latest series is Longmier.  I have to prepare for the New England Crime Bake in November.  Craig Johnson, author of the Walt Longmier series of books, will be the weekend featured speaker/guest.  And they have added something new: a crime scene for us to parse the forensics.  I can't wait.  I wonder if there will be blood ...

######################################################

Time for dinner.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once approved, your comment will appear.