Sunday, May 4, 2014

Yankee Candle Yesterday (Same Saturday as Before)



Yup, this is one of the MANY interior rooms at Yankee Candle (the mother ship of them all).  Guess what scent the candles are?  Bacon.  Honest, they are bacon scented candles.  They have all kinds of dried foods and canned foods in the next room which is "the kitchen."

This was a new shape to me.  It looks like a 10 ounce water glass (with a candle in it).






This is their main collection of "tarts."  They are votive size but sort of star shaped and flatter.  I think there are two more aisles.  I didn't look to see if they have the traditional votive shape (small cylinder), but that used to be all of the small ones.  They were in peach baskets.


I took this one so you could see the carriers (blue) on the left.  It's almost like an egg carton -- but I think they hold 18.  Anyway, how many scents are there?  Who knows? I don't think Yankee Candle knows.  But they do indeed have "Beach Grass" and "Clean Linen"  I hope that's not as opposed to "Dirty Linen."  The ones that smell like "Cookie Dough" and "Brownies" and "Vanilla Cupcakes" really do smell like those things. But they make me hungry.  (I don't buy candles because the scents make my eyes water and I don't like smoke.)


There's no rest for Santa.  Here he is, working his shift.  I wonder if those elves have unionized -- there was not an elf to be seen!



The place is so big that they have to keep reminding you where you are.  Hence, "Yankee Candle Home" sign.  When it was time to leave, Rod led us to the exit.  "He's just following the exit signs," Ann said.  She wasn't amused when I pointed out that the room we were in had four exit signs on four different doorways.  (The place is BIG, I tell ya!)


The long tables were set up for some kind of craft.  I think this is the Barvarian Forest.  You think I'm kidding? The room that enters this snows every four minutes.  (There are LOTS of Christmas ornaments of every design there too.)


This is normally where Santa hangs out.

Ann checking out the clock




I think the witch threw a fireball at Rod, but he appeared to be o.k. after the encounter.


Of course, all of these photos are just the tip of the ice berg.  I was pretty tired at this point, having gone to the artists' demonstrations before this.  So after walking miles to the exit, we treated ourselves to lunch at an outdoor picnic table at the Sunderland (Mass.) Frostee.  It opened May 1 as it has for years and years.  Rod reported that the shakes are just as good as ever and Ann and I enjoyed our Long Dogs.  (Maybe some smart alec pointed out that they are not exactly 12 inches long because they don't call them "Foot Long Hot Dogs" any more.)  I was very impressed with the high school girl's addition: she did it by hand.  Look, Ma, no calculator!!







1 comment:

  1. Wow I've never seen so many candles in one place Tina. Thanks for sharing. You have the most interesting stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete

Once approved, your comment will appear.